Alh. Akinwale Akinlabi Joined the service of MLSCN in 2007 after transferring his service from Oyo State Hospital Management Board, Ibadan. He was educated at University College Hospital (UCH), Olabisi Onabanjo University (Formerly Ogun State University), Ago Iwoye, Ogun State, Nigeria, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Nigeria and University of Ibadan, Nigeria. He holds M.Sc, MBA, FMLSCN and Certificate in Immunology.
Before he was appointed to this present position, he had been the Head of Registration, Head of Records and NorthWest Zonal Head of the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN). He is a Fellow of the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria and member of Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria (AMLSN).
Alh. Akinlabi is happily married with children.
- Office of the Registrar/CEO
- Coordinates the implementation of policies regulating medical laboratory services as well as the practice of Medical Laboratory Science profession in Nigeria as stipulated by the Act and the Board.
- Coordinates general administrative activities in the Council
- Receives all correspondences on behalf of the Registrar/CEO
- Reply correspondences as may be directed by the Registrar/CEO
- Handles both online and offline communications relating to MLSCN as may be directed by the Registrar/CEO
- Image maker of the MLSCN
- Handles Verification of Results of Students and Practitioners
- Handles courier/Postage of official documents
- Coordinate the activities of all the MLSCN’s zonal offices
- Procurement unit – Functions as presently hoisted in MLSCN Website
- Legal unit – Makes sure that the legal advice rendered to MLSCN is in conformity with the Act establishing the Council and other subsidiary legislations.
- Audit Unit - Functions as presently hoisted in MLSCN Website
- Corporate Affairs Unit – (a)Functions as presently hoisted in MLSCN Website, (b) handles media relationship.