Head of Department - Alh. M. M. Azeez
The department is reponsible for amongst others,
- Coordinating the implementation of training institutions accreditation mandate of MLSCN: Universities, Colleges/Schools of Health Technology and Schools of Medical Laboratory Technicians
- Coordinating the conduct of Council’s professional examinations: Fellowship Final Defence examination; MLT/A Final examinations; Foreign Graduate Assessment examination
- Coordinating Council representation at/assessment of Universities’ first and final professional examinations
- Conducting first and final professional examinations in the Universities in case of loss of accreditation
- Development and review of curricula for Council regulated training programmes
- Assessment of foreign graduates for registration.
- Implementation of CPD policy guidelines of MLSCN
- Issuance of certificates, transcripts, evaluations, etc
Department Units and Repsonsibilities
- EDUCATION Unit
- Sets academic standards for institutions that train Medical Laboratory Science Professionals,
- Regulates their training and recommend periodic accreditation to qualified institutions.
- Organizes continuous professional development programmes (CPD) for practitioners.
- Conducts all Council examinations in accredited institutions offering the Fellowship, Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science, Medical laboratory Technician, Medical Laboratory Assistant Programs.
- Issuance of Congratulatory letters and transcripts.
- Performs oversight functions at Parts 1 and 2 professional exams in Council accredited institutions offering Medical Laboratory Science Degree program.
- STUDENT REGISTRATION/INDEXING (APPROVED BUT YET TO TAKE-OFF)