MEDICAL LABORATORY INSPECTORS TRAINING
Medical Laboratory services are essential to patient care and therefore have to be available to meet the needs of all patients and the Clinical Physicians responsible for treatment and management of patients. Therefore, the results emanating from the Laboratory should be reliable, reproducible and timely. To achieve the above, the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (hereinafter referred to as ‘Council’) is empowered to inspect, monitor, evaluate and accredit all Medical Laboratories in Public and Private Health facilities. This empowerment is statutorily provided in the MLSCN Act, CAP M25, LFN 2004 and the subsidiary legislations as published in the Federal Government of Nigeria Official Gazette No. 29, Vol. 102, Lagos, 23rd March, 2015.
In line with this mandate, the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria is now inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates who wish to be trained as part-time MLSCN Inspectors for medical laboratories.
Candidates should have, at least, the following qualifications and experience.
a. Associate of the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
b. Laboratory quality management system knowledge and experience will be an added advantage
Applicants who are selected will undergo rigorous training in:-
• General requirements for quality and competence of medical laboratories.
• Laboratory Inspection techniques
• Qualities of a good Laboratory Inspector
• Emotional Intelligence
• On-site inspection with qualified Inspectors as mentors, evaluation and screening of candidates will occur throughout the training schedule and only those candidates who score a minimum of 70% in the qualifying examination will be registered as MLSCN Lead inspectors or inspectors.
Training fee: ₦25,000.00 per participant (Payment should be made to MLSCN TSA Account with Central Bank of Nigeria)
Please, forward the following:
• Letter of intent
• Curriculum vitae
• Photocopies of relevant certificates
• Evidence of payment to email@example.com
All applications should reach MLSCN within 6 weeks from the date of this publication.