Head – Mrs. Stella Udo
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
To engage in evidence-based STRATEGIC planning through research and statistics as well as to engage in monitoring and evaluation of plans and programmes implementation.
FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To serve as an institutional framework for improving the quality of policies &programme formulation and implementation
- To coordinate strategic planning and support budgeting process
- Library services, procurement of reading and other information materials such as journals and periodicals.
- Computer installation, upgrading and networking, provision of internet and intranet service.
- Development and maintenance of website, internet and intranet facilities and liaising with Internet Service Providers (ISP)
- Designing and supervising ICT Literacy programme for all cadres of staff of the Ministry
- Systematic storage and retrieval of all information.
- To collect and disseminate relevant data and information about council’s activities to stakeholders periodically
- To engage in research towards strengthening council’s functions
- To monitor and evaluate performance of all council’s activities; department, units and zonal offices.
- To help departments and unit improve services and processes and to contribute to strategic planning.
DEPARTMENT OPERATIONAL STRUCTURE