Head – Mr. M. M. Azeez
UNITS IN THE DEPARTMENT & THEIR FUNCTIONS
- Houses the files of all practitioners and students.
- Keeps proper records of Medical Laboratory Scientists.
- Manages the information and financial standing of practitioners with the Council.
- Sets academic standards for institutions that train Medical Laboratory Science Professionals,
- Regulates their training and recommend periodic accreditation to qualified institutions.
- Organizes continuous professional development programmes (CPD) for practitioners.
- Registration of MLA/MLT students and members
- Keeps proper records of Medical Laboratory Technicians & Assistants
- In charge of their information and financial standing with the Council.
- Processing of practising licenses and Registration letters
- Dispatching of signed Licenses and Registration letters.
- Recertification of practitioners.
- Conducts all Council examinations in accredited institutions offering the Fellowship, Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science, Medical laboratory Technician, Medical Laboratory Assistant Programs.
- Issuance of Congratulatory letters and transcripts.
- Performs oversight functions at Parts 1 and 2 professional exams in Council accredited institutions offering Medical Laboratory Science Degree program.