Head – Mr. Greg Uchuno
UNITS IN THE DEPARTMENT & THE FUNCTIONS
Office of the Registrar/CEO
- Coordinates the implementation of policies regulating medical laboratory services as well as the practice of Medical Laboratory Science profession in Nigeria as stipulated by the Act and the Board.
- Coordinates general administrative activities in the Council
- Oversees the procurement of goods and services in the council in accordance with the Bureau for Public Procurement Act.
- Makes sure that the legal advice rendered to the MLSCN is in conformity with the Act establishing the Council.
- Ensures the effective, efficient and economic use of resources in compliance with financial regulations of the Federal Government,
- Audit the salaries and expenses as well as revenue on behalf of MLSCN and ensures that all checks and balances are put in place.
- In addition, advice, suggest and recommend improvement measures.
CORPORATE AFFAIRS UNIT
- Acts as the interface between the Council and its stakeholders.
- Manages the corporate image of the Council.
- Collation of material for the Council’s quarterly news Bulletin.